Friday, July 1, 2011

Retired Police Officer Writes Letter of Recommendation about SEI


Mr. Smith,

I’m a recently retired Mesa PD sergeant. A few weeks ago, a member of our range staff gave me a SEI AR 151M 16 muzzle brake and suggested that I install it using a crush washer. Last week, in my effort to find a crush washer, I went to your Web site, and discovered that the SEI muzzle brakes are initially supplied with jam nuts, instead of crush washers. Realizing that the tmit would have originally been supplied with a crush washer if that was the appropriate way to install it, I called your shop and arranged to come by and pick the appropriate jam nut.

When I arrived at your shop, I was absolutely amazed at the friendliness and courtesy shown to me by you and the members of your staff. When you saw that the unit I had was an older model that you haven’t manufactured in quite a few years, you arranged to trade it for a current model, and you refused to accept payment for it.

Over the past few years, the term “customer service” has largely become meaningless in our society. Because ofthat, I was absolutely awestruck by this entire experience. I had initially expected to drive to Tempe, buy ajam nut in an impersonal transaction, at an exorbitant price. Instead, I encountered a group of truly nice people and came away from the experience totally energized ...... and so awestruck that I don’t think I appropriately thanked you for the courtesy and consideration I received from you and the SEI personnel. I am truly grateful, not only for the muzzle brake, but for the experience of meeting a group of really nice people.

Thank you,
Don Duhigg

No comments:

Post a Comment